Sunday, January 30, 2011

My thoughts

Today has been one of those days... I have had a really great time on my last few days off and am now dreading going back to the stress of work.

Some days I'm really happy single because of the freedom that comes along with it and other days I really wish I had a nice man to share my days with. I've gone back and forth for a few months now and I'm to the point where I want a boyfriend. I needed some single time so I'm glad I've had it but now it's time for it to go away! It's really tough being patient when most of my friends are married, getting married, in relationships, or having babies! I am so happy they found what they were looking for and excited for their lives to grow into having families and being amazing parents to some lucky little ones! I just get discouraged some days wanting to find my prince charming! I know God has someone special picked out for me and is getting him ready as well as getting me ready to find him!

So I had to look back to God and was reminded of a great quote from the good old Bible. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" -Psalm 37:4

I know I sound sooooooo selfish right now! I have amazing friends and family and should not be having feel sorry for myself days but I'm guilty.

I started Weight Watchers and am going to start eating better so that I can look and feel my absolute best. When someone tells me "you look pretty" I've gotten to the point that I don't believe them because I don't see it in the mirror! I've also started working out again. Any encouraging words are welcome! I want my old body back! We are going on a fun spring break beach trip in March so I've got some work ahead of me. Very excited about the group that's going and how much fun we will have!

1 comment:

  1. God is good and he works out everything in His timing...that' easier to read than actual live by. I'm not real patient, but you should know that since you lived with me.

    On the weight watchers kick, it totally works! As long as you journal everything, it comes off very easy. I did that after 2 yrs of marriage and lost 35 lbs. and then again after I had micah and got back to my goal weight really quick.

    I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see what God does in your life this year! love ya~!

    ReplyDelete