Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another year older!

Well last week I turned 27. I'm all about birthdays. I think everyone should feel special on their birthday! I like to drag mine out for about a week haha. So I celebrated several times. I'll post pics at the end.

So having my birthday got me thinking about this time last year. Last year the night before my birthday my ex and I got into a huge fight. So then on my birthday he didn't call me (YES on my BIRTHday) and I cried a lot. In the five years we were together, there were several birthdays ruined. Then I started thinking about all the special events in my life. Yeah he pretty much ruined all of them.

So this 27th birthday I'm happy to no longer have a person who likes to ruin the special days in my life. I have new and amazing friends that made me feel special on my birthday :) And I also have a great set of parents who still send me flowers on every birthday. Can't beat parents like that!!!


I mean really, strangers and people I'm not great friends with paid more attention to my birthday than my ex did. That's very eye opening...

So yes I am guilty (like most girls) of staying with the wrong guy for too long and letting him treat me badly. I deserve much better. So I have no idea what it's like to be in a healthy relationship with someone who treats me well. And although I'm enjoying this single life... I really look forward to meeting a guy who will treat me the way I deserve because let's be real here, I'm a lot of fun and a great catch :). I love to make my man happy but what's it like when he returns the favor? Um yeah, pretty awesome! Can't wait.

So girls take it from someone who knows. If you have a feeling or a doubt, don't waste anymore time! Get out now! Those moments you are wasting on the wrong one could be spent finding the right one! God sent me a lot of signs, I just wasn't willing to listen to them.

So here's to lessons learned! And birthday pics :)


This is from the first celebration haha








This is the second that was on my actual birthday!





Then Friday night had nothing to do with my birthday but we went to the Memphis game, my first!





No comments:

Post a Comment