Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Plans?

Just had some random thoughts today... it's funny to me how life turns out so different than you plan. I remember as a senior in high school how I thought about wanting to get married but how I'd never get married before I was twenty five because I wanted to know who I was before I decided to spend my whole life with one person.

Those thoughts are insane to me now! Why was I thinking of marriage in high school? And I'm twenty seven and even though I obviously do not have someone I want to marry, marriage is not something I see myself entering into anytime soon. I know some really great couples that got married right out of college or even younger and then I know others who are already divorced. Different people are meant to do different things and I'm so thankful I didn't subject myself to the pressures of getting married right out of college. I would've married the wrong person! I moved to Memphis only to find that my prince charming wanted me to be everything that I wasn't.

What's even crazier is I'm twenty seven and I know the things I look for... but do I really know what will work? Nope no idea. Haha. The more people I meet the more I realize what I want and don't want and it's a really exciting adventure!

As a freshman in college I thought I wanted to be a psychology major. Then I hated basic psychology. lol. So I tried all different types of classes and figured out that the major I wanted to do wasn't available at the college I was attending. So I transferred and found my calling to fashion major only to land myself as a manager in retail which is not at all what I expected. I wanted to live in a big city and be a buyer at a corporate office. Now I just want my own little amazing boutique.

I've realized that I'm a person who likes not knowing what will happen. I like making last minute crazy decisions and moving around when things get uncomfortable or even boring. I like adventure, not sky diving type of adventure but the uncertainty of what the future holds and the potential it has!

So I figure when I make plans and decide what I want, God probably laughs :) I change and grow every year and I'm still trying to figure it all out.

This seems appropriate! "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."- Jeremiah 29:11

:)

Dave Barnes is coming to Memphis!!! If you've never heard of him, check him out! He has a new Christmas cd and you can get it here

"Christmas tonight" features Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum and it's my fave!

Let me know if you wanna go see him with me on December 17th! WOOOO.


1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how we think we know what the plans are and God totally looks down at us and laughs! He has big plans for you and your life, Erica! Just keep trusting Him and I love you!

    ReplyDelete